Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hockey Player Unaware He’s Playing With Swimming Pool Noodle

The Turnip News

TORONTO - Toronto Maple Leaf winger Tyler Bozak was left red-faced after practice Wednesday upon learning he was skating around using a foam swimming noodle instead of a hockey stick for the entire two hours. “The last thing I wanna do is embarrass myself, but this was ridiculous.

"I had no idea,” exclaimed the baffled second-year rookie who had also just signed a contract extension with the NHL club. Bozak was oddly seen skating around pilons, doing shooting drills and even taping up his water flotation device with black hockey tape.

“When the guys told me after practice what I was holding, I thought they were just fuckin’ with me. And then I looked down and saw I was in fact holding this foam noodle thing! Boy did I feel silly, lemme tell you,” exclaimed Bozak. Nearby scouts didn’t have the heart to tell the lil guy what was going on after seeing him examining the “curve” of his “stick” and then going about the drills as if he had a regular hockey stick in hand.
<<>>

No comments:

Post a Comment